DGI Brief - June 2, 2016
- OPEC’s self-description as “dynamic living organ responding to changes” seems laughable as they don’t respond to the changes necessary in today’s global markets.
- BRAZIL: June-September is Brazil’s winter, colder temperatures will drastically reduce Zika infections from mosquitos… but Zika is also spread sexually. That campaign has to be drastic too.
- TURKEY continues to threaten impact on Turkish-German relations each time Germany acts democratically. It seems Erdogan is forgetting this isn’t a one-sided partnership, Turkey needs/wants a thing or two from Germany and EU.
- ISRAEL: Despite an intense Palestinian-led ‘Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions’ movement since 2005, foreign investment in Israeli assets have tripled. Show us how you really feel, investors.
- SAUDI ARABIA: great investment, Uber is great, yada, yada... let women drive!